The CSS/Financial Aid PROFILE® is the financial aid application service of the College Board. Many private colleges and universities require that students submit a CSS PROFILE in addition to the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
The CSS PROFILE determines your eligibility for non-government financial aid, such as the institutional grants, scholarships and loans. Below is a comparison between the CSS PROFILE and the FAFSA.
FAFSA vs. CSS PROFILE
- Submission Allowed - After January 1st
- Specificity of Questions - Less Specific
- Methodology - Primarily includes Income Information
- Minimum Student Contribution - No
- Cost - Free
The CSS Profile:
- Submission Allowed - In The Fall
- Specificity of Questions - More Specific
- Methodology - Includes Detailed Asset Information
- Minimum Student Contribution - Yes
- Cost - $9 Base Fee + $16 Per School
Go Financial Aid offers CSS Profile Preparation services for both current and future college students.